Tuesday 6 December 2016

Fire and Bone

Fire and Bone

The pale boy hides himself
beneath a cloak of night
With lifeless skin and shallow eyes 
where he goes
death will follow

The littluns gather with ferocious energy
at the sound of his name
Jack
The one who walks on air
The silent seeker of flesh

Blade clasped in his gaunt fingers
he comes to life
A predator surfaces from deep within its frail cage
In a tangle of coarse green he stalks the soft pink pig
He can almost taste it

Something has taken control of Jack
An undying, carnivorous greed
The fire and Ralph and the conch 
they do not matter
Jack stains his ghostly face with black and red 

His gaze hardens

"I am the hunter
I am the master of blade and blood
I will claim meat and flesh
I will hunt
I will kill
We will devour"

Ralph wields the conch
but Jack is fierce
Ralph may be golden
But Jack is
fire and bone



No comments:

Post a Comment