Tuesday 14 February 2017

Sailor

Sailor

"Come in, Officer. Do you copy?"
"Roger that, Captain. Loud and clear. Any updates?"
"There's a storm brewing. The flag's thrashing like a fish on the deck." 
"And the water?"
"About as calm as a roller coaster ride; waves as tall as mountains and troughs as deep as valleys."
"Captain, do you read me? There's a rough weather system on the way. Let out the sails and watch the navigation lights. Over."
"Sure thing, Officer. It's going to be a bumpy ride."
"How are the sails holding up? Over."
"Bloody hell! The wind's picked up and torn straight through them!"
"Captain! The only way you'll make it through the night is if you slow down! Get the crew to release the anchor! Over."
"Roger. Lowering the anchor."
"Captain, bring the crew inside. Do you copy?"
"Copy. Bringing the crew...Officer! The waves have taken them overboard!"
"Quick! Prepare the lifeboats! Throw down a lifebuoy! Do you read me?!"
"Loud and clear!"
"Captain?!"
"They're gone. I went out on the deck but the rain was too strong. I couldn't see a thing, let alone keep my balance." 
"Steer to calmer seas! Sail towards clear skies!"
"Roger... What was that?!"
"What was what?!"
"There was a crash at the stern, and I'm heading straight for the rocks!"
"Steer clear! Make haste!"
"I can't! I've lost my rudder to a collision with one of the smaller rocks! Now I'm heading right toward a boulder!"
"Brace yourself! Do you copy?!"
"Aye aye, Officer. Loud and clear. I'm hanging on!"
KHHHHHHHH!!!
"Captain?! Do you read me?! Captain?!"
*static*...

No comments:

Post a Comment